Sunday, April 27, 2014

DIY Kitchen Decor

Since I moved I've been pretty much inspired by everything PINTEREST. I saw these utensils in a frame and said to myself I so definitely want that in my new kitchen. So during my thrifty trips to the thrift shops I held on to this frame exclusively for the purpose of my kitchen after I completed the wall collage with my good friend Sheila.

The kitchen sign I found in the clearance section of a store called JOMAR and the utensil on it was broken so I just used a baby spoon and spray painted it and with some hot glue BAM it was fixed and ready to go on my wall. Enjoy the steps by steps and I hope to have inspired others to think outside the box when it comes to seeing something at the thrift store and for decor of your home.

 I used poster board for the back of the frame measured it and basically cut it out with a box cutter.


 Here are the utensils spray painted.

 This was the thrift store frame before I had painted it blue.

 I used a sponge to give the white poster board a little bit of an artistic touch and plus I love the sponge paint look a lot.

 This is how it looks all hung up on my wall.

 Close up!

xo, Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment