Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My first week with cloth diapers

I had my beautiful little miracle on october 27th. She finally got to come home with us on November the 1st. I am excited to share with you all my first week of my experience with cloth diapers with her. The first day I was like oh man what did I get into but then after that I got the hang of it after about 15 diaper changes in a day. I couldn't believe it myself that I was really adament to continue and to not get discouraged no matter how many times she had the poo storms (thats what we call em now). First off if you want to consider it please please please do your research on what would work best for you. My research went from PINTEREST and to a number of blogs that gave tons of tips. Then i went to YOUTUBE and really viewed as many videos on how to cloth diaper (prefolds) and the tips that the mommy's on there gave which were really useful. My husband likes the pockets AIO (all in ones) because its easier for him to handle (of course!). I prefer the prefolds with the thirstees covers because I like the folding techniques. I use the charlie banana bamboo disposable flushable liners to place em in the cloth for easy clean up of the poo (trust i highly recommend for you to get these flushable liners!) Everyone is different so buy both if you're interested and see which works best for you. I have 30 prefolds with 8 covers. I have 3 snappies and have ordered some cloth diaper pins that still havent arrived. I have 6 charlie banana's size xs which wont fit her soon and I have 8 regular all in one pockets which i will be needing more very soon and hope to have a massive stash of em because the colors are simply cute. I have a bucket for the dirty cloths filled with water and I let them soak till the next day when thats when I wash em. You can wash em every other day depending on how big the stash you have on hand. Since my baby breast feeds I use half my stash and wash the other half thats dirty. DO NOT DRY IN DRYER! Hang dry em always if not you will ruin em. I use the arm and hammer sensitive or the ALL detergent clear and free. Below are the photos I've taken of the whole experience. I'm by far no expert and I am still learning but I am happy with my decision and I am here sharing my experience with you all. xo.





i prefer this method above

this type of method didnt work for me because it leaked its better to wrap em around the baby

these are what all in ones pockets look like

 i loved this picture so had to add it

this is what a normal laundry of cloth diaper looks like from a day of use

after soaking in the bucket for a night i dump it in the washer sink rinse em again and throw it in the wash

these are the two detergents that i use (i also coupon so they are practically free)


thats all for now hope i helped xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment