Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Recipe: Apple Butter Spread

It's fall which means its apple and pumpkin season. I'm super excited to try new things especially with my favorite new little device the crockpot. I am marveled at the things I continue to come across of on what I can make in this fab device. If you don't have one yet I surely recommend you do especially if your a busy mom like me.

I came across a recipe for apple butter and I just had to try it! The two little ones take lunch to school and peanut is not allowed so I had to find a spread for them other than just the regular ham and cheese on the daily. So fishing around PINTEREST I came across it and I just thought wow that would taste amazing!

This is the recipe below and I will love to know who tried it:

One bag of apples (I used red ones)
3 cups of sugar (I didn't use the sugar because the apples were really sweet)
1 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of cloves
1/4 cup of water

Peel and core the apples
Cut them in quarters
Combine all into the crockpot
Let it cook for 10 hours on LOW
(your home will smell like fall)

I used a hand mash device because I don't have an electric one so it still worked wonders

Mash the rest of the apples that didn't break down

Place in canning jars or mason jars

Viola! You have your very own apple butter spread.

Mines made 2 cans and a half.

I need to make more already so hopefully by next week.

Enjoy and happy fall.







No comments:

Post a Comment