Saturday, October 12, 2013

Savory Saturday- donut muffins and lasagna rolls recipes

Even despite the gloomy weather I opted off a hearty meal that wasn't in the crockpot. Shockingly I wanted to give the crockpot a break today. So I had some left over ground meat that I had made empanadas  with so I decided why not lasagna rolls? Good choice I might add because it was very quick and easy. 

I out the sauce with three spoonfuls of ricotta and blended it into the meat and warmed it all. My kids are picky with cheese so if they don't see it they don't know it's there. 


Then I had boiled the lasagna pasta and waited until cool so I can roll. I used just a spoon spread on the pasta and some cheddar cheese and rolled which was easy but don't put too much cuz then it will make a mess and leak out. 


Line the bottom of the casserole dish with the sauce and place rolls on top. Put sauce and cheese on top and bake in oven for 15/20 mins at 375

Now we get to what I made for dessert which is the donut muffins. Oh yum these were a big hit! 

Dough:

1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 butter melted
1/4 nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flour

Mix the sugar, melted butter and nutmeg. 

Then add the rest and mix well. 


Place in a muffin tin which I lined with baking cups.


Oven at 375 for 15 mins. 


Then on top melt butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. 

Enjoy xo





No comments:

Post a Comment