Sunday, November 17, 2013

The mommy milk lactation cookie recipe


I'm a breast feeding mom. I wanted something that will help keep my milk supply up plus be healthy for me so my milk can be even more healthier for baby. If you're a breast fed dint mommy I highly recommend you to make this cookie. There's tons of other recipes and ways you can do it. This is the version I enjoyed best for myself. Make a batch freeze half and bake the other half. Try to eat two cookies a day :) enjoy the recipe xo

The ultimate mommy milk cookie recipe 

1 1/2 cup flour (whole wheat or regular)
1 3/4 cup of oats (not the instant one)
1 tsp baking soda 
1tsp salt
1 cup flax seed
3/4 cups of peanut butter
3 tablespoons of yeast (brewers)
1/3 cup of water
1 tsp cinnamon 
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used light brown)
2 tsp vanilla (you can even use almond)
2 large eggs (I used organic)
2 cups of chocolate chips
And 1 cup nuts of your choice but I didn't add that to mine

Pre heat oven to 350
Combine flour, baking soda, sienna on and salt in one bowl
In another larger bowl beat peanut butter, butter, sugar (both of em) vanilla and yeast, flax seed and water till creamy 
Mix in eggs.
Gradually beat in flour mixture from the first bowl 
Mix in chocolate chips and nuts if you opted to use nuts as well
Add oats slowly 
Make em into balls 
(We had to mix it with our hands cuz the batter was a but too tough for a whisk and I don't have a mixer)
Place balls onto baking sheet and press down a bit with a fork. 
Bake for 12 mins. 

I baked enough for a few days cuz I'll be eating two a day. And froze the other batch I didn't use for when I run out. 

Let me know if you tried it. God bless xo

That's what they will look like ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment