Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rainy days equals soups!

When I was growing up, when it rained we always had soup. Today is one of those rainy days and I decided to try the zesty Italian soup this time instead of the typical sopa de fideos that us Puerto Ricans make. 

I found a recipe that I added my own little twist to it. Enjoy 

Italian sausage 
A box of Swanson chicken broth 
1 can of black beans drained
1 can of pinto beans drained
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 spoon of minced garlic
1 spoon of Italian seasoning
1 pinch of paprika
2 red potatoes chopped
1 1/2 cup of elbow macaroni

Brown the sausage in a skillet while that browns put all the other ingredients into the crockpot.
I started it off on high. Then take the sausage and put it in the crockpot once it's browned let it all cook together for about 6/8 hours.

Put the cooked elbow macaroni in last into the crockpot because you don't want it to get mushy. Then serve with some dinner rolls. Enjoy 



No comments:

Post a Comment