Saturday, May 25, 2013

Baby Mobile DIY

I think my far this is the most time consuming project. Especially if you are picky and a perfectionist like I am! So far I've spent only six hours putting my new baby who's arriving in October baby mobile. I refuse to spend 40+ on a generic same old mobile! So I searched and I searched for days putting ideas down into my lil brain and finally I had all the things I needed to put her baby mobile together. Trouble was I simply couldn't decide on penguins or cupcakes or flowers or birds! I wasn't going to just throw a bunch of my wants together so I opted for the flowers and the birds. Here I go again going onto PINTEREST and got the templates (sorry I only saved a few and will post em here for you) and printed it out and began to cut my felt shapes. The sewing process (which I detest) wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I put pearls for the birds eyes and my husband suggested putting each side of the flowers and birds different colors so if they moved she can see the colors changing which I thought was a wonderful input! Next had to string the pearls cuz yes all lil girls should have, want and LOVE pearls! Ribbon was strung and might I add it was a lot of ribbon! Right in the middle of the mobile I placed a circle that way we can hand a musical wind up toy so it can sing her a nice lullaby :) What did I used? Here we go! I used an old lamp shade from a lamp that I had that simply needed to be thrown away because it had a short in it which is DANGEROUS! So I kept the lamp shade and I was like omg no trip to MICHAELS because I have everything here! Which is awesome because I simply hate wasting and throwing stuff that can be reused in a different manner! Enjoy the photos! xo




No comments:

Post a Comment