Saturday, May 25, 2013

Play apron & felt cookies oh my!

For my daughter who's a huge pretend play chef and restaurant owner (i kid you not she makes her brothers be servers) I decided to make her play time more fun. Her birthday was in Jan. and I had made her felt tea bags for her tea set I had got her as a birthday present! She was touched by the creativity and has a lil box she puts em in for safe keeping and plays tea party constantly. So I wanted to add to her home made collection of toys that shes not starting to collect (me and her father made her a kitchen out of cardboard! simply amazing to upcycle things you think wouldnt have a purpose anymore!) I took an old shirt that was way too small for me and wouldnt fit me ever again so I cut it in half and since I hate to sew, I pulled out my glue gun (my BFF) and glued ribbon on the sides and on the top so she can tie it and she loves hearts so I glued hears at the bottom for a lil touch of girliness! Now she puts it on all the time and simply is too cute for words. After the apron I went searching for a template to make her felt cookies. I didn't save the template so my apologies are in order. Simply google it or go onto PINTEREST trust you will find tons of felt ideas and what have yous. She choose the color of the frosting she wanted on her "sugar cookie" and even decided on making a chocolate chip one. So we sat together and she helped stick the stuffing in and her face was priceless as she played with her tea, cookies and her kitchen set. Kids will be content with anything as long as they see that its new and fun and the plus said to this frugal mom is that all it costs is your time. And I will spend my time making tons more things for her just to see her happy and expand her creativity in pretend play. xoxo, Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment